Missouri Association of the Deaf
Mission Statement: The mission of the MoAD is to preserve, protect, and promote the rights and quality of life of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing individuals in the state of Missouri, and to cooperate with the National Association of the Deaf for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing on the national level.
Vision: Having a Vision Strengthens Belief in the Future
MoAD will collaborate with various individuals and organization across Missouri to enhance opportunities for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing people to be active participants in their communities.
Diversity Values: What We Believe Determines How We Live
* Diversity: MoAD recognizes and appreciates ways in which all people are different.
* Collaboration: MoAD believes in sharing resources, ideas and support with others.
* Mutual Respect: MoAD shows and seeks recognition of worth from others.
* Equality: MoAD supports the principle that all people have an equal right to access to opportunities for services, education and employment.
* Self-Esteem: MoAD promotes pride in people who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
Goals & Objectives:
• Advocate for the rights of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing people in Missouri
• Provide public information regarding Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing
• Advocate for the quality of Deaf education in Missouri
• Provide statewide and local workshops for the advancement of the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing people
• Provide leadership training
• Host a biennial conference every odd numbered year
• Send Missouri Delegates to the National Association of the Deaf Conference on even numbered year
• Sponsor Miss Deaf Missouri Ambassador
• Sponsor Junior National Association of the Deaf and Youth Leadership Camp
Constitution, Bylaws, & Policies
You may download the copy of MoAD Constitution by clicking here.
You may download the copy of MoAD Bylaws by clicking here.
You may download the copy of MoAD Policies by clicking here.
**** Requires that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in your computer.